- Connor came home!
- Connor has a girlfriend!
- My friend’s wedding
- UW football
- Playing Scrabble as a family of four
- A long weekend
- Total number of books read: 10
- Total number of pages: 3,696 and 12 hours 51 minutes on audio
- Favorite book(s) read: The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne. It left me a puddling goo of emotions and completely incapable of doing it justice with any review I might write.
- What didn’t I make this month? Turkey, ten pounds of mashed potatoes, three types of pie, no-knead bread, macaroni and cheese, carnitas, wild rice soup, ham and cheesy hash brown casserole, Swedish meatballs, million dollar spaghetti. It was a comfort food kind of month, and I love it!
- Who else has watched Mindhunter on Netflix? It is creepy af, a bit slow, but an amazing look at the beginnings of FBI profiling. Highly, highly recommend it.
- It’s slipper season, and I am absolutely loving my Minnetonka moccasin slippers. They are perfect for skinny jeans or leggings, and the hard sole allows me to walk outside to get the mail without the cold or damp seeping through to my feet. Plus, they are not so warm that my feet get sweaty but provide just the right amount of warmth for cold days and even colder nights.
How did I persevere?
- Meditation/Healthy Habits/Political Activism: Grade B- – One month after the Manafort/Papadopoulos indictments, and I type this as the news of Flynn’s plea agreement breaks and the Senate GOP pushes through a travesty of a tax bill that will force almost all of us to pay more in taxes. This month has been a lot like that – good news followed by rage-inducing headlines. Resistbot has become my friend again as I have flooded Senator Ron Johnson’s office with letters, faxes, and calls about everything from net neutrality to this damn tax scam. Paul Ryan remains as useless as ever, so I double-downed on my monthly donations to organizations and people devoted to getting him out of office. So my political activism is back up to beginning of the year levels. Of course, all of this stress of what is or is not happening in DC is causing me major headaches. Yuu would think this means I would start meditating again. You would be incorrect. As for healthy habits, I am drinking more water and getting more sleep so yay me! I am going to call this a relatively successful month and leave it at that.
How was your November? Any highs or lows you would like to share?