- Saturday: A late lunch had us all completely uninterested in dinner. We all grabbed snacks and called it a night.
- Sunday: Another late lunch again had us feeling lackluster about dinner. Today’s lunch was so late that we didn’t even bother with the snacks.
- Monday: I had plans to make beef stroganoff in the slow cooker today because I thought I had all the ingredients and was in bed due to a migraine. It turns out I was missing half the ingredients, so I threw together the beef with some broth and cream of mushroom soup and hoped it would turn out decently. It wasn’t horrible, but it definitely needed some spices to give it some more flavor. And mashed potatoes. I served it over egg noodles but think mashed potatoes would have been even better.
- Tuesday: After yesterday’s pain-filled day, I was in the mood for comfort food. Nothing says comfort to me quite like tuna casserole made with potato chips. It’s odd, not healthy in the least, but something I find delicious, as does the rest of the family. Plus, with four ingredients, it doesn’t get much easier to make.
- Wednesday: To make up for yesterday’s comfort fest, I put the slow cooker to use to make Pork Carnitas. I also made Cilantro Lime Rice in my Instant Pot. I put out all of the fixings anyone could want on their burrito bowls and let everyone serve themselves. SO good and with plenty of leftovers for lunches this week. I’ll tell you one thing though. I’m glad I don’t work from home because if I had to smell those carnitas roasting all day long, I would have gone mad!
- Thursday: Those carnitas I made yesterday did make for great leftovers tonight. With plenty of rice and black beans left as well, it was another easy and delicious meal that I did not have to cook.
- Friday: It was cold. It has been a long week. Neither Jim nor I were interested in cooking or going somewhere. We ended up having more of the carnitas leftovers and called it a week.
What was for dinner at your house this week?
What are the ingredients for the tuna casserole. I sometimes crave it but it’s usually not that great with gluten free pasta.
You suffer from migraines? I do, at times. I haven’t had a full blown one in a long while. I think red wine is a trigger for me. Which is a damn shame.
The tuna casserole is so embarrassing. Potato chips, tuna, cream of mushroom soup, and milk. That’s it. It seems so weird and wrong, but I can never get enough of it.
I do suffer from migraines. They have been particularly bad this fall; I suspect there was some allergy issues happening. Since things have frozen, I seem to be doing much better. Red wine is definitely a trigger. So is lack of sleep. And allergies. Which really sucks because it means spring and fall are pretty miserable.
One of my husband’s favorite meals is hamburger gravy over mashed potatoes. We have it often. It’s so easy – just the cream of mushroom soup mixed with the beef. I like to add sour cream, but he’s not a big sc fan.
Those carnitas sound awesome!
If I had feeling better, I know I would have done something to improve the flavor of that gravy. I had sour cream and was thinking of adding it but needed it for another meal. At least I learned that I pretty much suck creating meals out of my head.
OH – we keep a jar of pesto handy for this. Aldi has some tasty stuff priced right.
I will keep this in mind!
Hey – I have a wonderful suggestion for the lackluster egg noodles meal… Just toss in a tblsp of pesto on those noodles and lots of parm cheese. And I need to pass on the carnitas recipe – sounds great.
I personally love late lunch days when dinner is light. Feels like I don’t eat as much….
I could have done pretty much anything to those noodles to have made them taste better. Even some salt and pepper would have improved them. I just wasn’t feeling well but had to use up that beef. It is too damn expensive these days to let it go to waste.
I totally agree that it does feel as if you eat less when you have a late lunch. I’m sure it is totally psychological but so what!
You know you’ve had a good meal when you’re willing to eat it three nights in a row! I’m going to have to check out your carnitas and rice recipes!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!