- Seeing Connor!!!
- Holly’s Irish competition
- My brother-in-law visiting
- My friend’s bridal shower
- A dance convention weekend
- The first fire of the season
- Slippers and fuzzy socks
- Connor making pep band for the men’s basketball team
- UW football
- ISU football
- Total number of books read: 9
- Total number of pages: 3,040 and 25 hours 20 minutes on audio
- Favorite book(s) read: Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco – I LOVE this series and the characters
- I finally got back into regular meal planning, grocery list making, and cooking. I rediscovered old favorites and made some new recipes. My favorite this month by far was Mac and Cheese with Chorizo, Cotija, and Aged Cheddar from my macaroni and cheese cookbook. I really want to make it again, but I think it might be a bit too soon for something that indulgent.
- I finally got a link to the Iowa State marching band performances. This video is from this past weekend when they received the Sudler Trophy for best marching band in the country. It is considered the Heisman for bands. I think the video explains it all and shows why they received it.
- More yummy makeup this month. I seem to have embraced this highlight/sparkle trend lately, and I love it. The highlighter is amazing. It is very subtle and gives the perfect amount of sheen on my cheekbones. The lip topper is brand-new but I am so impressed. Not only is beautiful, it is stay-proof as well. I love not leaving lipstick or glitter on my coffee cups!
How did I persevere?
- Meditation/Healthy Habits/Political Activism: Grade IC – Ugh. Just. Ugh. I thought I did a fairly decent job of meditating this month until I looked at my habit tracker. Yeah, not so much. Healthy habits? Nonexistent. Political activism? If it doesn’t come to me in the form of a petition I can sign, it hasn’t been getting done. I’m just tired. So tired of the fighting and the Twitter tantrums and the name calling and the lies. Oh! The lies! As I type this though, the Manafort/Papadopoulos indictments are headline news, and I have a faint glimmer of hope for the first time since November 7th of last year. It will be fascinating to see how this all plays out over the next few months.
How was your October? Any highs or lows you would like to share?