In an effort to be a whole lot more organized this year, and because everyone is always posting what delicious food they make, here is what I have been serving my family for the past week. I also envision this being a detailed account of how I fail miserably at meal planning when life gets too busy. But hey, it’s real life. Speaking of real life, I am not and never will be a food blogger. If I ever were to post food pictures for you, I apologize in advance for how awful they are.
- Saturday: This was going to be a quiet night at home with the kids, but an unexpected text from a friend and a not-so-subtle plea for us to come out with them made for an impromptu night out for Jim and me. The kids were the ones with the quiet night home instead. Hehehe.
- Sunday: Super Bowl Sunday means snacks and lots of party food. The same friends with whom we went out on Saturday came over to watch the game with us. We had burgers and cheesy potatoes, seven-layer taco dip, spinach artichoke dip, bacon-wrapped weenies, brownies, and cookies. I can say without a doubt that no one left hungry.
- Monday: See yesterday minus the cheesy potatoes.
- Tuesday: Ditto from Monday.
- Wednesday: Yep. Still more leftovers.
- Thursday: Funny how after a week of eating nothing but leftovers, no one is willing or interested in cooking food. Tonight’s gourmet meal was frozen pizza.
- Friday: If yesterday’s meal was gourmet, then I hit rock bottom tonight. The boys went out to see a movie together, so Holly and I noshed on boxed macaroni and cheese. Yep. Sheer laziness wins again.
So, this week was not my finest when it comes to meal planning or cooking. I am going to go hang my head in the motherhood hall of shame now.
What was for dinner at your house this week?