In an effort to be a whole lot more organized this year, and because everyone is always posting what delicious food they make, here is what I have been serving my family for the past week. I also envision this being a detailed account of how I fail miserably at meal planning when life gets too busy. But hey, it’s real life. Speaking of real life, I am not and never will be a food blogger. If I ever were to post food pictures for you, I apologize in advance for how awful they are.
- Saturday: This was going to be a quiet night at home with the kids, but an unexpected text from a friend and a not-so-subtle plea for us to come out with them made for an impromptu night out for Jim and me. The kids were the ones with the quiet night home instead. Hehehe.
- Sunday: Super Bowl Sunday means snacks and lots of party food. The same friends with whom we went out on Saturday came over to watch the game with us. We had burgers and cheesy potatoes, seven-layer taco dip, spinach artichoke dip, bacon-wrapped weenies, brownies, and cookies. I can say without a doubt that no one left hungry.
- Monday: See yesterday minus the cheesy potatoes.
- Tuesday: Ditto from Monday.
- Wednesday: Yep. Still more leftovers.
- Thursday: Funny how after a week of eating nothing but leftovers, no one is willing or interested in cooking food. Tonight’s gourmet meal was frozen pizza.
- Friday: If yesterday’s meal was gourmet, then I hit rock bottom tonight. The boys went out to see a movie together, so Holly and I noshed on boxed macaroni and cheese. Yep. Sheer laziness wins again.
So, this week was not my finest when it comes to meal planning or cooking. I am going to go hang my head in the motherhood hall of shame now.
What was for dinner at your house this week?
Your Super Bowl spread looks incredible! I was eating Super Bowl leftovers alllll last week, I admit, with a break on Friday to have cheese fries (as I always do).
I am so glad I was not the only one who ate leftovers the whole week.
I HATE to admit that we eat boxed mac and cheese at least once a week–though usually for a weekend lunch rather than dinner. There’s just something about that damn box that feels like childhood. So bad! 😉
Cheesy potatoes! We made some last night and will enjoy them again tomorrow night when I make meatloaf. Can’t go wrong with cheese and potatoes!
My kids would eat boxed mac and cheese for every meal if I let them. If we have any in the house, Connor will make an entire box for himself and call it a snack. I haven’t had it in forever, because I much prefer the homemade version. I will admit that it did hit the spot.
I do love cheesy potatoes. My girlfriend brought them over as I typically do not make them. I need to change that and add them to the regular rotation.
Lol, hey, when you kill it with so many good foods in one night, there’s nothing wrong with eating the leftovers for days. You’re saving time and money – I’m all for that! 🙂 Your Super Bowl menu sounded fantastic!
I haven’t had mac and cheese in so long, that sounds good.
I tried a different potato soup crock pot recipe this weekend and it was a hit. Yay! I have a few new recipes to attempt this week. We’ll see how they pan out. I made a new favorite again tonight – the Sausage Pasta Bake. I love that recipe!
Thanks, Brandie! That is definitely one way of looking at it. I made a promise to myself I would be better this week though. So far, so good!