In an effort to be a whole lot more organized this year, and because everyone is always posting what delicious food they make, here is what I have been serving my family for the past week. I also envision this being a detailed account of how I fail miserably at meal planning when life gets too busy. But hey, it’s real life. Speaking of real life, I am not and never will be a food blogger. If I ever were to post food pictures for you, I apologize in advance for how awful they are.
- Saturday: We were out and about on Saturday and ended up eating a late lunch from Chipotle. Needless to say, none of us were very hungry for dinner on Saturday night.
- Sunday: Thanksgiving leftovers. Yep. Still have them.
- Monday: More Thanksgiving leftovers. Again.
- Tuesday: Jim went out to dinner with a coworker, so I threw together a simple pasta dish with bacon. My kids call it cheesy bacon pasta. I have been making this for years, having adopted the recipe for Bucatini with Pancetta, Pecorino, and Pepper to fit what I usually have on hand in the house. It is by no means low-fat, but it is delicious.
- Wednesday: I cooked! Yay me! I actually made a very simple bacon, corn, and potato chowder. It came together quickly so I was able to finish it and have it ready for when the boys got back from working out, and Holly and I returned home from dance.
- Thursday: By tonight, I was pretty much done with the world. Thankfully, Jim was all about ordering pizza, so pizza it was.
- Friday: I worked late tonight, but I was pleasantly surprised with dinner waiting for me when I got home. It was by no means homemade as everything but the meat was out of a jar or package, but I did not have to make it. Spaghetti with meat sauce FTW.
What was for dinner at your house this week?