Happy Sunday! Did everyone survive the readathon yesterday? I had a blast. I ended up reading 965 pages in 13 hours. I started and finished two full books, finished the one I was reading last week, and started one more. I didn’t hit any of the blogs but was active on Twitter and Instagram. I made it to hour 20 before I called it a day after starting an hour after the event officially started. Somehow, I even managed to wake up a half-hour before the event ended and finished with everyone. Now, my final questions:
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I really struggled around 1 PM. I don’t know what it was but after a 60-minute nap, I was much, much better and made it until hour 20.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Everyone approaches this event differently. Some stick with novels. Some go with short stories. Graphic novels have become increasingly popular. You need to find a formula that works for you, and the books will vary as much as the individual.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Does it need to be improved? I don’t think so!
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? – Everything! Seriously, how you ladies manage such a huge event and keep it seamlessly running astounds me.
- How many books did you read? – Two books start to finish, plus finished one I was was halfway through and started another.
- What were the names of the books you read? – Inside the O’Briens by Lisa Genova, The Dead Lands by Benjamin Percy, The Eternity Key by Bree Despain, and House of Echoes by Brendan Duffy
- Which book did you enjoy most? – They were all good, but the one that kept me completely engrossed with The Eternity Key.
- Which did you enjoy least? – The Dead Lands was a bit of a disappointment.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? – This is another area where I think they absolutely excelled. I can’t give any advice to improve what is already a smooth-running machine.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? – I will always participate as long as my schedule allows me to do so. Cheerleader, reader, everything.
I mentioned yesterday it has been a long time since I was able to participate in a readathon. It means so much to be able to do so again. There is a special reason why I love the readathon. Three years ago, the readathon allowed me to meet in person the woman who is now my BFF. What other online event can do that?
The rest of the week was nothing special. Jim was on a business trip. Work and school, dance and track kept us busy. No earth-shattering news, no disasters, no major triumphs – it was a typical week.
Today will be a catch-up day for everything I didn’t do yesterday. Laundry, bills, reviews, email, a bit of work-work. I’d like to say I will take a nap, given how little sleep I got last night, but I probably won’t. I played yesterday, so now it is time to set a good example for the kids and work. Ah, such is the way of parenting.
Have a great week, everyone!
I haven’t done a read-a-thon in so long! 🙁 Glad you had fun.
Maybe the fall one!
Wow 20 hrs. Good job Michelle. 965 pages is a ton!
You just made me cry.
You know I love you, girl!
Sorry I didn’t visit your blog yesterday. I’m trying to make the rounds today. I hope you had a great Readathon!
No worries! I need to do that today too. Did you have fun yesterday?
I’m glad you got to participate this time and enjoyed your day! Finishing two and a half books is awesome. Some day I will get to do the full 24 hours, I hope. I am just happy I finally finished Beautiful Secret. Seriously – my reading lately has been such a disappointment! I hope I’m done with that slump.
Have a great week!
I had a blast yesterday. It was fun to sit and read and look at everyone’s tweets and Instagram pics. The enthusiasm was amazing, and I don’t even feel that tired today.
I hope you can get rid of that slump. I know how excited you were for Beautiful Secret too.