Good morning! We have definitely reached the end of the school year push with activities, events, and everything else that keeps a family busy. The month of May absolutely flew past with two birthdays, a two-week business trip, Mother’s Day, a concert, field trips, company picnics, final school projects, tests, and the like. Jim and I have tried to sneak in some time to go riding among the yard work and the house work. The weather has at least been cooperating on that end. Glorious sun, relatively low humidity, and gorgeous evenings have more than made up for the fact that it took the entire month of May for spring to finally arrive.
We are not done yet! June will usher in the last week of school, Holly’s hellish week of rehearsals before her four dance recitals, a trip to Texas, marching band practices, and who knows what else. Just like last year, we are not looking at a peaceful and restful summer.
In spite of, or because of, all of these things, I’ve been managing to stay on top of all my reading. June has some absolutely fabulous books releasing, and I cannot wait to share my reactions with you. As it is, here are the books I reviewed for May:
- Black Lake by Johanna Lane
- Catching Air by Sarah Pekkanen
- Closed Doors by Lisa O’Donnell
- The Girl With the Windup Heart by Kady Cross
- The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead
- Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans
- Life by Committee by Corey Ann Haydu
- The Lost by Sarah Beth Durst
- My Bluegrass Baby by Molly Harper
- One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern – My Bloggers Recommend selection for May
- The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell
- To Rise Again at a Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris
- The Secret Life of Violet Grant by Beatriz Williams
- The Three by Sarah Lotz
- The Transcriptionist by Amy Rowland
- The Vacationers by Emma Straub
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart – My Bloggers Recommend selection for May
I apologize for this being so short but the housework never ends, and when you play on Saturday, you have to pay for it on Sunday. I hope everyone gets the chance to relax and unwind today. Have a great Sunday and even better week!