Coming to you live from the northern suburbs of Chicago, it’s read-a-thon day!!! We’re starting early here (to be honest, I’m writing this on Friday night so I’m probably not up yet, but you never know), but there is no better way to start the day than by picking up a good book.
Before we get any farther, here’s the Hour 1 opening meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? – Chicagoland suburbs
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? – I honestly don’t know. I’m just looking forward to reading without kids or family interruptions.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? – Does wine count as a snack? If not, we’ve got brownies and chocolate chip cookies waiting for us.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! – I’m Michelle. I’ve been blogging for over four years, and you’ll soon discover that I am an open book when it comes to what I think and feel about everything. I absolutely love this event, even if I don’t get a chance to participate as often as I would like. But I’m here today and ready to read!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? – Today is all about the reading. And napping. The last time I was able to participate, I got caught up in all the mini-challenges and cheerleading, and I finished the event feeling like I should have read more than I did. This time around, I’m going to read, post when I feel like it, and sleep when my eyes get tired. Since I’m doing this surrounding by blogging friends, I’m going to enjoy the good company and just go with the flow.
I had the brilliant idea of updating my read-a-thon progress via Instagram, to which I have links in my sidebars. You might see me stopping in to say hi here, but I’m not making any promises.
Now, It’s time to read, people! Have fun!