The excitement is building! Can you feel it? While hundreds of bloggers, authors, booksellers, and publishers head into NYC next week, the organizers of Armchair BEA are making sure that you do not feel left out of the action. In fact, with more than three times the number of participants and double the number of giveaways, I dare say that Armchair BEA is going to be better than NYC next week! Just check out the agenda:
You’ll probably be getting a lot of new visitors to your blog this week, so introduce yourself in a post! And if you specialize in a particular genre, share what it is and why you love it. Also, tell us how you’re doing Armchair BEA – where you are, what you’re excited about, what you hope will happen this week. We’ll have a lead-in post for you to link up to. ALSO:
- a guest post from Pam telling you what you’re not missing by staying home from BEA
- an author chat (guest TBA) hosted at Mundie Moms
Tuesday, May 24: Giveaways Galore!
Tuesday is Armchair BEA’s big Giveaway Day! We’ll be doing giveaways all week here, but if you’re hosting a giveaway for Armchair BEA-goers on your own site, this is the day to post about it there and link it up here! And if you’re not hosting a giveaway, today’s suggested posting topic is “Best of 2011”: share some of your favorite books so far this year, and/or the the books being promoted at BEA that you hope will end up among your favorites for the year! ALSO:
Wednesday, May 25: Work the Network!
This is the day for the ever-popular blogger Interviews! Participants did have to sign up for the interviews in advance, so if you missed the cutoff, our “alternate” topic is an invitation to write a post highlighting some of your favorite book blogs and bloggers – share the love! We’ll have a place to link up your posts here. ALSO:
Thursday, May 26: Nurturing Relationships
Blogging is about community, and community is about relationships. Post about a relationship you’ve formed with a particular publisher, author, blogger, or bookstore; share your thoughts and tips about connecting and building those relationships; crowd-source your questions about these relationships! We’ll have a place to link up your posts here. ALSO:
- Connect and build your relationships on Twitter during the Armchair BEA Twitter Party (time TBA)!
- Talking with Joe Foster from Edelweiss (an Armchair BEA partner) about working with bloggers and publishers
Friday, May 27: Blogging about Blogging!
Today is the day of the Book Blogger Convention, so Armchair BEA will also put the focus on the “blog” portion of “book blog.” There are lots of things you could post about today – here are just a few to get you thinking:
- How do you utilize social networking in relation to your blog? What may be the pros and cons of doing so?
- Share some of your favorite blogging technical tips.
- Create a “rule list” of things you should and shouldn’t be doing on a book blog.
- What are your tips for balance life and blogging?
- How do you keep your blog fresh and interesting to your readers & yourself?
- There are quite a few book blogging events out there. Which are your favorites and why? How do they affect your blog directly?
We’ll have a post here where you can link up. ALSO:
Make sure you check out the official Armchair BEA blog for all the happenings!