What a day! I had a blast, but now it is time to give my eyes a rest. Here are my final stats for this spring’s 24-hour Read-a-Thon:
Time spent reading: Approximately 17 hours
Time spent cheering: 90 minutes plus lots of time on Twitter
No. of pages read: 1,459
No. of books finished: 5 (I’ve decided I’m counting the one I read to Holly.)
And now for the end-of-event questionnaire:
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
- Hour 19. My eyes kept closing.
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
- I’m impressed with all of the books I read. They kept my interest and helped make the time fly. I had been advised that action books and lighter fare would help people stay awake. In my case, I think it did work.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
- No. I think the organizers have done a fantastic job and I really wouldn’t change a thing.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
- I think the cheerleaders were fabulous. They really did help keep my spirits up.
5. How many books did you read?
- Finished five, more than halfway through number six.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
- The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns by Elizabeth Leiknes
- Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
- Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Scaredy Squirrel
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (on page 189 of 328)
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
- I would say City of Bones, but I am really enjoying Wicked Lovely and will be finishing it once I wake up later today. I wish I would have started it earlier.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
- Probably The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns. It was cute, but I was still half asleep when I started it and wasn’t quite ready for all the snark.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- No. I think the cheerleaders did an excellent job! I did discover that once I copied and used my own cheer, leaving comments became easier and quicker. Given the penchant for rhyming that certain cheerleaders have, I am going to have to create my own cheers well in advance next time.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
- I will definitely participate in the read-a-thon again. It was so much fun and sinfully luxurious to spend that much time reading. I might try to split my time more equitably between reading and cheering though. I missed cheering this time, even though I thought Twitter was a great way to do so.
Just a few more notes before I down my allergy meds and head to bed for another nap, this was a truly great event. Thank you to all the organizers and cheerleaders for their encouraging words and for making it a truly fun event. I have been looking forward to this for months, and the week dragged by in anticipation. I cannot wait until the fall event!
Now it’s time for sleep. I’m going to have to clear my head before I can write all these reviews. At least I know what will keep me busy throughout the week! Have a great Sunday, everyone! And congratulations to everyone who participated in some form!
Thanks, Lisa! Now the plan is to review them all. Actually, it is going to be a challenge. The faster I read, the less I retain. It could be problematic come review time.
You did a fantastic job! I'm so jealous that you read over 1400 pages!
My recent post
It was a great book, but I think if it had not just been the first thing I read in the morning. It might have been better suited for later in the day or even early evening. I did enjoy it though. I enjoyed everything I read though. How about you?
Thanks! I had a blast and definitely hope to participate again. I'll have to stop by and see how you did!
Hey, it's not about how much we read but just celebrating that we read. All participants are winners! Congratulations!
Thanks, Gautami! Two books is still impressive!
Great job Michelle!
You got a lot of reading done too! I really liked Lucy Burns, but I can see why you wouldn't want that much snark in the wee hours.
My recent post Book Bloggers Behaving Badly: Are YOU on an Author’s “Hate List”?
Congratulations! that is an impressive page count! This was my first time but I had so much fun – will definitely join again!
Congrats on finishing the Read-a-Thon and doing so well! I only finished one book and talked about my first time joining on Sunday Salon: Read-a-thon Wrap-Up
WOW! You did very well! Congrats.
I could only read two books!
Read-a-thon:End of Event meme
My recent post TSS/Read-a-thon: End of Event meme