To participate, here’s what you need to do:
- Create a list of some books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge.
- Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). However, this is not required; setting additional goals is completely optional.
- Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd.
- Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge. I’ll have an official launch post up that morning, complete with an area for you to submit a link to your personal Fall Into Reading post, where it will be added to the master list of participants.
- Read! Work on your goals throughout Fall 2009.
- Report your results. Write another blog post in December to let everyone know how you did. (I’ll post an official wrap-up to the challenge on December 21st, where you’ll be able to share your results.)
- Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if
- you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your fall reading!
This challenge excites me to no end, and I’m going to use it as a chance to get through some books I’ve really wanted to read but have been putting off for whatever reason. Here’s my list so far. I’m not certain if I can get through this many before December 20th, but I’m certainly going to give it the old college try!
- 1. Sweet Mary by Liz Balmaseda
- 2. The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett
- 3. Across the Endless River by Thad Carhart
- 4. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- 5. Everything Sucks by Hannah Friedman
- 6. The Missing Ink by Karen E. Olson
- 7. The Imposter’s Daughter by Laurie Sandell
- 8. Playing House by Fredrica Wagman
Are you participating? What are you going to read? Are you as excited for this challenge as I am?