I’m finally doing it. I am finally signing up for my very first challenge. I figured this would be perfect since I have SO many books in my TBR pile that sound fantastic, I can’t wait to read, and between which I am having a difficult time choosing. Caribou’s Mom is hosting this challenge, from August 1, 2009 to July 31, 2010 to help us generate a little randomness into our lives. Because I’m a glutton for punishment, I am committing myself to Level III – 12 books picked randomly over the next twelve months. That shouldn’t be too difficult, right?
The rules, per Caribou’s Mom:
- NO lists allowed. Books for the challenge are chosen one at a time when the mood strikes.
- Sign up at any time during the challenge period using Mr. Linky below. Please give me a direct link to your blog post about the challenge. If you do not have a blog, no worries. Simply enter your name and leave the URL box on Mr. Linky blank.
- Book reviews are not required, but if you want to write a review I will be providing a review Mr. Linky after August 1st.
- Books are selected one at a time using the following procedure:
- Randomly select any number of books from either your physical OR your virtual TBR pile (I don’t care how you do this, but it must be random…no “cherry picking” allowed)
- Assign a number to each book based on how many books you selected (ie: if you selected 14 books, assign each book a number from 1 through 14; if you selected 28 books, assign each book a number from 1 through 28…you get the idea)
- Go to THIS SITE and use the TRUE RANDOM NUMBER GENERATOR located in the upper right hand corner of the page to randomly select the book you will read. NO CHEATING – whatever the random number generator generates is the book you must read!
- Each time you select a book for the challenge, you will use this procedure. You many select different books each time, choose a different amount of books each time, etc…have fun, mix it up, keep it random.
So, that being said, here I go! Since August 1st is just two days away, I opted to go ahead and randomly pick the first book for the challenge. So, that being said, here I go!
1. Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks