I was tagged by my e-friend and fellow book club member, Deb at Pardon My French, to answer these random questions. I’m always game for this type of thing, so here they are!
1. What are your current obsessions? Other than blogging? School, all things Twilight related (of course), cooking, and reading.
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear the most often? My Green Bay Packers sweatshirt, followed closely by my pajamas. I’m all about comfort.
3. What’s for dinner? Tonight, spaghetti with pancetta and pecorino. Or, as my kids call it, cheesy bacon spaghetti.
4. Last thing you bought? We spent Mother’s Day planting roses and installing two cubic yards of river rock in my garden. Hopefully, this is the last time I will have to replant roses or any type of plant there.
5. What are you listening to? Muse is always at the top of my list, but these days, my iPod playlist also includes The Fratellis, Iron and Wine, The Killers, Death Cab for Cutie, and way too many others to count.
6. If you were a god / goddess what would you be? How about the Goddess of Driving? That way, I would have the power to punish all tailgaters, those who weave in and out of traffic, follow too closely, cut people off, fail to yield, run red lights, and every other god-forsaken traffic violation that drives me batty. Their punishment? Get stuck as a passenger with someone who never speeds and follows every single traffic rule to the letter. Take that!!
7. Favourite holiday spots? My favorite spot growing up was always Disney World, followed closely by the beach – specifically the beach by my grandparents’ house in Anna Maria Island. Lately, I am partial to the mountain scene and adore Asheville, NC.
8. Reading right now? Two books, if you don’t count my textbooks – Dr. Zhivago and Annie’s Ghost.
9. Four words to describe you? Oooo, I just had to do this exercise for a work-related exercise, except it was ten words. If I have to pick just four, they would be honest, fair, tenacious, and intelligent.
10. Guilty pleasure? Twilight, and New Moon, and Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn, and way too many blogs devoted to them to count.
11. Who or what makes you laugh? My daughter, my son, and my youngest dog – Cullen. He’s just plain silly.
12. Favourite spring thing to do? Read outside in the sun. Seriously, nothing better.
13. Planning to travel next? At this point in time, our travels are a bit sparse, since we’re supposed to be saving money. Although the thought of not going anywhere this summer is depressing. However, Jim and I are going to see Muse and U2 in concert in Raleigh in October.
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Hmmm…Jim made some fabulous cowboy spaghetti a few weeks ago. My cheesy bacon spaghetti is also pretty decent. I think the one item that totally hit the spot recently was the brat I ate on Mother’s Day. It isn’t summer without eating more than a healthy amount of bratwurst!
15. Last time you were tipsy? It’s been a while, since too much alcohol seems to bother my stomach these days. Hanging out with my brother-in-law, his fiance and Jim in the hot tub over spring break would have to be the one moment that stands out.
16. Favourite ever film? I don’t have one particular favorite. I adore Animal House, as silly as it sounds. There is something so classic about John Belushi that just cracks me up each and every time. Gone With the Wind is my nostalgic favorite because it was the one I used to act out with my closest friend in junior high and high school.
17. Biggest life lesson you’ve learned from your kids? That they are the best mirrors for who you are as a person. I caught my daughter talking sharply to her dolls and scolding them to be quiet because mommy has to do her homework. I’ve never been so ashamed in my life and have made sure that those words or that tone have not come out of my mouth ever again.
18. Song you can’t get out of your head? I avoided the radio today so I can’t say that there are any songs in my head right now.
19. Spiders — do you squish or relocate? In the house, squish on site. It invade my domicile and that means certain death. Outside, I stay a healthy distance away as much as possible. I understand their purpose and don’t want to harm them, but in the house, there are no holds barred.
20. Favorite TV show? I’m still stuck on Lost, even though we are about six weeks behind the series. I’m also a huge fan of How I Met Your Mother. Two words – Barney Stinson. Awesome.
Who to tag, who to tag? I don’t have many followers and have no idea who actually reads this thing. So, I’ll have to go with my e-friend (we will meet one day), Hope, and my other e-friend and fellow book club member, Kristy, who is on a blogging sabbatical but I wanted to share the wealth!
(Rules of the meme: Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 8 people… or whatever. )