People are forever asking how I manage everything with such a busy schedule. I love to cook, but I don’t always have time to do so in the manner I would like. This weekly journal is a way to keep it real and show that while my intentions are good, sometimes life and all of its activities get in the way of serving a delicious, home-cooked meal and that it is perfectly okay.
- Saturday: As we were all in separate locations, I have no idea what anyone had for dinner on this night. Me? I had a BLT in my room because it is always BLT season.
- Sunday: Holly was gracious enough to cook dinner tonight since I did not feel like doing it, and Jim was too tired to do anything. She made her favorite White Cheddar Truffled Mac and Cheese because it is easy and is something I already had planned. Delicious.
- Monday: I opted to put the boys to work yet again to see if they would ruin burgers like they seem to have ruined the chicken last week. I mean, how hard is it to ruin a burger? It turns out that it is pretty darn easy. They were edible but so very, very dry. Sigh.
- Tuesday: Even though I had a nail appointment tonight, I still made sure to cook tonight’s dinner. The Creamy Lemon Pasta I made was not difficult, but there were one or two nuances to the sauce that worried me enough to avoid handing it over to one of the boys. It turned out beautifully, and everyone went back for seconds. Yay me!
- Wednesday: I have been making Sauteed Zucchini with Feta for years now, and I never grow tired of it. Instead of oregano, I use Greek seasonings. To add a little more substance to it, I add chicken sausage. It is a quick, easy, and tasty meal that the whole family loves to eat.
- Thursday: Connor is leaving to head back to Ames in little more than a week, so I wanted to make sure I tried another Skyline chili recipe in another attempt to find The One. With a three-hour cook time, it is not normally something I would make on a weeknight, but I started it on Wednesday night to finish tonight.
- Friday: Jim had to go back to Milwaukee tonight, so Holly and I went with him. We ended up eating dinner at this cute neighborhood Italian place. We all had pasta, but judging by what we were seeing others order, I think we should have gotten a pizza. It was still delicious though!
What was for dinner at your house this week?