It’s been a relaxing few weeks here as things have settled down a bit. Connor being home has been a tremendous help with getting the house back in order and in general helping pick up some of the driving. Everyone has been pitching in on cooking and laundry. It has been nice being home again with no plans to travel for the next two months.
Speaking of Connor, he starts his internship on Monday. Jim was able to get him hired for the summer at his company working on at least three different engineering projects. Having an internship is rare for someone just finishing his first year of college, so he is both excited and anxious to get started. It will be good for him to get a taste of real life as he faces the same 70-90 minute one-way commute with Jim every day. Plus, it affords him the opportunity to earn a decent salary for the first time ever. I know I am excited for him. We shall see how he does!
Holly has roughly three weeks of school left, but I doubt she is going to be doing much learning. She has three field trips between now and the end of school, an awards ceremony off-campus for her poem that was published, a graduation celebration, and who knows what else. She has two more weeks of dance classes as well, two different recitals, and one last band concert. It is a lot to put into three weeks, but the end is in sight for all of us.
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend however possible. As I type this, the sun is shining, but I know scattered showers are in our forecast for the rest of the day. As yesterday I did the household chores, I am okay with whatever weather comes our way. I get to do nothing but relax.
Have a wonderful week, and I will see you back here next time!
Here are past posts from the last few weeks in case you missed them the first time:
- It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 30 April 2018
- Make no assumptions about The Wife Between Us
- I Was Anastasia is the best kind of historical fiction
- It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 7 May 2018
- Two books that are okay to skip
- Zombies and racists and misogynists, oh my!
- How a story with little plot can be so profound
- Fabulous Friday – 11 May 2018
- What’s for Dinner? – Week Starting 5 May 2018
- It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 14 May 2018
- The Oracle Year
- School can be fun
- Fabulous Friday -18 May 2018
- What’s for Dinner? – Week Starting 12 May 2018