People are forever asking how I manage everything with such a busy schedule. I love to cook, but I don’t always have time to do so in the manner I would like. This weekly journal is a way to keep it real and show that while my intentions are good, sometimes life and all of its activities get in the way of serving a delicious, home-cooked meal and that it is perfectly okay.
- Saturday: On this St. Patrick’s Day, Holly and I had Taco Bell. It is neither what I wanted nor very good because we ended up having to set it down to attend a team meeting; by the time we got back to our food, it was cold. Still, I should be thankful we actually got to eat three meals because most of the time that does not happen on competition days.
- Sunday: Holly and I left the theater at 7:30 PM. By the time we left, Holly was not interested in any sort of sit-down dinner. So we picked up Noodles and Company on the way home and ate it while unpacking. Our life is so glamorous, isn’t it?
- Monday: Connor left yesterday and my brother-in-law arrives on Friday for the weekend, so I need to prepare Connor’s room around for guests in a short window. Given the amount of laundry I have to do from the weekend, beds to be made, furniture to be dusted, towels to be washed, etc., I told Jim I did not have time to cook tonight so he picked up pizza on his way home. One-handed chores FTW!
- Tuesday: I initially thought tonight was a free night and planned to make the enchiladas Holly requested last week. However, I failed to remember Holly had a band concert tonight. I ended up making the enchiladas anyway, but we ended up eating them after 9 PM. Still, there is something about gooey cheese, a sauce that has a bit of a kick to it but not so overpowering that you can’t eat it, beans, and beef rolled into a tortilla that makes me so happy.
- Wednesday: Holly was at dance. I was getting my hair done, and Jim was busy moving many boxes of flooring to the basement as part of our basement update. Crazy Wednesdays call for leftovers.
- Thursday: You know when exhaustion hits you so hard that you can barely function and it feels as if every muscle in your body aches? This is what happened to me tonight. Holly ended up making me a quesadilla with black beans after dance while I crawled into bed and called it an early night.
- Friday: One of my brother-in-laws is in town this weekend, so we took him out to dinner for a Wisconsin Fish Fry after Holly was done with dance. I like that I didn’t have to cook because it has been yet another crazy week.
What was for dinner at your house this week?