People are forever asking how I manage everything with such a busy schedule. I love to cook, but I don’t always have time to do so in the manner I would like. This weekly journal is a way to keep it real and show that while my intentions are good, sometimes life and all of its activities get in the way of serving a delicious, home-cooked meal and that it is perfectly okay.
- Saturday: Holly and I had every intention of cooking tonight, and then we got to snuggling and re-watching episodes of our favorite TV show and all intentions flew out the window. So it was snacking for dinner. I can’t decide if this was a #momfail or #momwin.
- Sunday: I kept things simple tonight with what is becoming a family favorite and mealtime stand-by, White Cheddar Truffled Macaroni and Cheese. I have made this probably once a month lately, and I can see myself making it more often because it is SO easy, speedy, and delicious.
- Monday: Holly went with leftovers before dance, and I stuck with a sandwich for dinner while she was gone. There was no point in making something just for myself. Plus, Holly ate up the last of yesterday’s pasta.
- Tuesday: A quiet evening without dance meant actually cooking. Holly wanted something easy so we went with black bean quesadillas for dinner. You can’t get much easier than smashing some black beans together with cheese and melting it together in a tortilla over a hot pan. I like to think that by adding black beans it means the quesadillas are actually healthy for you too.
- Wednesday: All alone for Valentine’s Day, and I thought long and hard about what I wanted to have for dinner. Then I actually ran a few errands and realized that none of the options available to me sounded good. So I went home and had a sandwich.
- Thursday: Frozen pizza FTW! Seriously, the girl had no desire to eat anything else, so who am I to complain?
- Friday: On my own again tonight with Holly doing her student council duties at the school dance tonight. I have been in the mood for a good, greasy cheeseburger but it doesn’t sound good today so I’m thinking Chipotle is on my personal menu for tonight instead.
What was for dinner at your house this week?