Sunday Reflections – 11 February 2018

Sunday Reflections Button

Happy Sunday!

Our week has been snow, work, dance, and watching the pup, and that’s about it. After not getting any snow for almost the entire winter, we now have at least one foot sitting on the ground thanks to two different snowstorms. The studio cancelled classes twice this week as a result. Holly also had Friday off of school because of a snow day. As I type this, we are getting more snow, but there is no sitting home this weekend. The team coaches did a costume and hair run for all soloists yesterday, and she has rehearsals this afternoon. Two more weeks until the first competition, so things are getting real.

Holly and I made it through a second week without Jim with the pup. He’s actually very sweet and quite the cuddler. His favorite spots in the house are a soft lap, a cozy bed, or right in front of the heating vent. If you remain vigilant, he does pretty well with not using the house as his bathroom, although there are always one or two accidents that slip past us. He loves playing with his sister, and she loves playing with him. This helps a lot in not only keeping his attention but tiring him for those wonderful puppy naps. He has grown a lot and can now get up the step into the house with no problems at all versus not even being able to put his front two paws up on it when we first brought him home. He still hates the snow and cold, but I see him willing to check out what his sister is doing in the backyard when they are outside together. He is just getting to the point where he can hold his bladder for the four hours he is in his house during the work week, thankfully. All in all, he’s frustrating but still worth the trouble, and that light at the end of the tunnel gets a little bit brighter every week.

Of course, like the rest of the world, we are going to try to watch all the Olympics we can. How much we watch depends on the dogs. If the pup is in play mode, there is no watching anything other than him. Holly in particular is looking forward to all of the events. What is your favorite winter sporting event?

Time to get ready for more dance. I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend and wish you all a wonderful work week. I’ll see you back here next week!

**********

Here are past posts from the last few weeks in case you missed them the first time:

8 Responses to Sunday Reflections – 11 February 2018
    February 11, 2018 | 10:45 AM

Oh I’m so glad to hear your other pup is taking to the little one. That certainly makes things better!! Good luck with all the snow!

February 16, 2018 | 1:44 PM

Thanks, Amanda! The snow is now melting, which is fabulous.

February 12, 2018 | 9:27 AM

We enjoy the Olympics, even though some of the events baffle me. We watched Curling and Snowboarding yesterday. The women snowboarders are so bad ass!! Love it. Sunnie likes to watch figure skating, and I enjoy watching the track meets…while I wish I could run that fast!

February 16, 2018 | 1:51 PM

Holly and I have caught some of the Olympics. I made her watch Shaun White and some of the skeleton events. We really haven’t had that much time to sit down and watch a lot of it, but I hope to do so this weekend!

3. Bryan
    February 14, 2018 | 10:41 AM

Well, dance and watching the pup sound good anyway. Hope your week is going well.

February 16, 2018 | 1:56 PM

Thanks, Bryan! Have a great weekend!

February 19, 2018 | 11:47 AM

We are experiencing a little weather. Tonight they are predicting snow-rain. We are all very excited for this but we’ll see if it actually happens at our elevation. I have to take The Girl to rehearsal but it’s a short drive. Less than three miles.

February 20, 2018 | 2:53 PM

Did you get any snow? It has been raining here for almost three straight days. And we are not talking drizzles. It has melted all the snow, which is good, but that on top of the rain on top of frozen ground means we have some serious flooding issues around town. Our backyard is a swamp. It makes puppy training REALLY difficult, as he has no desire to be outside. I don’t blame him.