Fabulous Friday – 5 January 2018

Fabulous Friday Button

We should always find ways to celebrate the little things in life. What better day to celebrate these little things than the best day of the week? So, here are the things that make this a Fabulous Friday for me this week.

********************

• SHORT WORK WEEK – I only had to go to work three days this week, and it was glorious.
    Granted, I had to go out in the subzero temperatures each morning, but it still felt like a long holiday week. I only wish every week were like this one. It was highly productive even if I did only work three days, and an informal poll at my work indicated I was not alone in this. We work too hard for too many hours every week.

********************

What makes this a Fabulous Friday for you?

6 Responses to Fabulous Friday – 5 January 2018
    January 5, 2018 | 8:21 AM

Nice! Companies really do better when they realize their employees need to not be overburdened with hours. I’m really happy Jason’s new company sees this (the two he’s been with since 2010 did not). On Tuesday he got stuck working on a bug for an extra 4-5 hours past his normal work day, and the next day he just took off the entire afternoon to compensate. The flexibility in that – and the fact that they don’t expect him to put in extra hours without taking them off later in the week – is just amazing.

January 6, 2018 | 11:55 AM

Thanksgiving through New Years is the only time of the year my company does well. We won’t have another holiday off until Memorial Day. It makes for a very long winter.

I don’t know if my company is all that flexible. I think my company’s philosophy is to leave it up to the individual managers. Jim used to flex his time like Jason did. It does make a big difference. Plus, with flexing like that, he almost never had to use vacation days.

2. Kailana
    January 5, 2018 | 9:59 AM

A short work week is always awesome!!!

January 6, 2018 | 11:56 AM

They don’t happen very often at my company, so I enjoy them while I can!

January 5, 2018 | 10:01 AM

Short work weeks are the best! I’m glad you got a few more days off.
    Have a great weekend, and stay warm!!

January 6, 2018 | 11:56 AM

Thanks, Brandie! You too!