It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 4 December 2017

Not that I ever lost it, but my desire to read has increased these days. I even finished a 400+ page book in a day, which has not happened since we were on vacation. The books I have been reading lately have been stellar, none more so than John Boyne’s newest novel.

The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda House of Shadows by Nicola Cornick

When I finished reading John Boyne’s latest novel, all I could do was bow my head, close my eyes, and sit there for several minutes out of respect and a chance to process the sheer perfection of it.

Kaira Rouda’s novel is one messed-up story, and I loved it.

Nicola Cornick’s historical fiction-esque novel was delightful and atmospheric.  I found myself googling the historical figures who play a part in her story not only to learn more about them but also to confirm whether they were actually real or not. The blend of fiction and fact is seamless, and the story draws you in like a warm blanket.

DID NOT FINISH:

Still going.

The Good People by Hannah Kent

Rhythm and Bluegrass by Molly Harper

NEXT UP:

Immortal Life by Stanley Bing

11 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 4 December 2017
    December 4, 2017 | 6:32 AM

I know, right?! (about Heart’s Invisible Furies). Absolutely amazing.

December 4, 2017 | 11:27 AM

Heart-wrenching and funny and sad and infuriating and educational and just so much. I need to write the review today. I can only hope it is worthy of the book.

December 4, 2017 | 7:25 AM

Ooh, you loved Best Day Ever! Interesting…I have that one to read. I noticed that you rated Boyne’s novel on Goodreads, and you rarely do that, so I KNOW you loved it.

December 4, 2017 | 11:36 AM

I did. It was twisted and dark and I love that. It wasn’t shocking, so no Gone Girl experience, but even though I could see where it was going I enjoyed the journey.

3. Patty Magyar
    December 4, 2017 | 2:16 PM

Oh my, Michelle, I have those first three books but I haven’t read them yet. I get so distracted by other books!

I loved that you took the time to visit my blog!

December 4, 2017 | 3:43 PM

I totally understand about getting distracted! I have almost 1,000 books that attest to my distractions!

4. Susie | Novel Visits
    December 4, 2017 | 7:09 PM

I also loved The Heart’s Invisible Furies. The combination of tears and laughter made it perfection!

5. susan
    December 5, 2017 | 7:28 AM

Everyone is talking about the Boyne book so I need to get to it. Your reading is on a roll !

6. […] It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 4 December 2017 […]