It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 11 September 2017

It was not the greatest reading week, but that’s okay. I was able to finish a cross-stitch project that I started five years ago.

City of Miracles by Robert Jackson Bennett

Such an excellent finish to a fantastic series. I really did enjoy every sentence!

I, Eliza Hamilton by Susan Holloway Scott

Notorious RBG by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik

Yes, I am still listening. It is football and dance season after all!

NEXT UP:

See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt

8 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 11 September 2017
    September 11, 2017 | 6:23 AM

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on See What I Have Done…

September 11, 2017 | 11:07 AM

The Eliza Hamilton book is a chunkster, so I will be surprised if I finish it this week. It has been ages since I’ve read a 600-page book. I can only hope it is a fast read!

2. Debi
    September 11, 2017 | 10:14 AM

Oooh, I can’t wait to read See What I Have Done! Put it on hold at the library so hopefully soon.
    Congrats again on finishing your x-stitch picture! Cross-stitiching is so time consuming, so it just always feels sooo good to finish a project, doesn’t it?

September 11, 2017 | 11:08 AM

I hope it is good too!

I love finishing projects. I love working on them. I love seeing it all come together one color at a time. It is time-consuming, but it is the one thing, outside of reading, where I don’t mind how long it takes. Plus, one of the reasons I don’t watch TV is that I need something to do with my hands. This is the perfect anecdote.

September 11, 2017 | 2:06 PM

See What I Have Done has been on my list for awhile.

I am finishing My Absolute Darling. I have many things to say about it but it’s really upsetting me.

September 11, 2017 | 2:21 PM

Yikes! Trigger warnings, bad story, or bad writing?

September 12, 2017 | 6:55 AM

Was it the Christmas one you posted? Love it. I used to cross stitch so many years ago – maybe I should start again.

September 14, 2017 | 3:09 PM

It was. I finished a quick Halloween/literary project this week and will start on another one tonight. It has become one of my favorite things to do at night!