Fabulous Friday – 8 September 2017

Fabulous Friday Button

We should always find ways to celebrate the little things in life. What better day to celebrate these little things than the best day of the week? So, here are the things that make this a Fabulous Friday for me this week.

********************

• WORKING FOR THE WEEKEND – Why is it that short work weeks always feel longer than regular work weeks? Perhaps it was learning a new routine with early mornings and later nights or perhaps it was the shit show that is the news these days, but this week was a bit brutal. I was exhausted all week, struggling not to fall asleep at work almost every day. I am so thankful that the calendar is clear tomorrow, so we can sleep as long as we need. We all need it.

********************

What makes this a Fabulous Friday for you?

8 Responses to Fabulous Friday – 8 September 2017
  1. Audra (Unabridged Chick)
    September 8, 2017 | 8:12 AM

Sorry to hear about work being rough — short work weeks are rough for me, too. Hope you get lots of rest this weekend. Sadly we have a bonkers crazy weekend so not much rest for us. :/

September 8, 2017 | 9:52 AM

I think it was the new school year schedule that did me in this week. Even though it isn’t a huge difference, these earlier mornings and later nights did me in.

Good luck this weekend! I hope you get a chance to relax!

September 8, 2017 | 8:51 AM

Yes!!! I can’t wait for Sunday and football. I’m definitely going to relax and enjoy it. I was feeling the fatigue all week too – when it cools down, I just want to sleep in. Looking forward to sleeping in on Sunday (can’t tomorrow – Sunnie has dance at 9am…ugh!).
    I hope you get some rest and enjoy a relaxing weekend!

September 8, 2017 | 9:53 AM

If it makes you feel better, Holly has dance at 9 AM on Sunday. And 10 AM. And 1:30 PM. 😐

September 8, 2017 | 1:40 PM

This has been the longest shortest week ever.

I like football. I like what it brings to my house. The sounds. The food. I like to read while it’s on in the background.

I still don’t have AC though. Not happy about that. I am going to have to call someone else.

September 8, 2017 | 3:07 PM

No AC?!? That has to be a health hazard!

I hate to say that I’m glad you found it a long short week too because I don’t wish it on anyone, but I am glad I am not alone. Here’s to a nice, relaxing weekend for both of us!

4. Jenny @ Reading the End
    September 10, 2017 | 12:55 PM

Oh, I do a cunning trick on myself to make short weeks feel short. When I start the week (on Tuesday) I tell myself it’s Monday, and on Wednesday I tell myself it’s Tuesday, and so on, so that when actual Friday comes, it feels like Thursday and is a pleasant surprise that I get to have a weekend.

Also yayyyyyyyy football! I’m super excited! I am watching the Falcons/Bears game as we speak!

September 11, 2017 | 11:06 AM

That is a cunning trick! I will have to try it.

I love this season! It means that I don’t really leave the house on the weekends from now until January, but I’m okay with that!