It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 31 July 2017

We were gone for seven days on vacation and I managed to finish seven books. I even impressed myself.

The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy The Unquiet Grave by Sharyn McCrumb Come Sundown by Nora Roberts Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire Hello, Sunshine by Laura Dave Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker Domina by L. S. Hilton

The Space Between the Stars by Anne Corlett

Fangs for the Memories by Molly Harper

No listening while on vacation, but it is month-end close this week so I hope to fly through this one.

NEXT UP:

Flashmob by Christopher Farnsworth

7 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 31 July 2017
    July 31, 2017 | 6:36 AM

7 books?!! That is so awesome!! I hope you loved every minute of vacation.
    What did you think of the Nora Roberts book?

July 31, 2017 | 9:03 AM

It was a wonderful week. I relaxed and obviously read. I was even ready to come home. I accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish.

I liked it. It wasn’t her best, and it was a bit of a slog at times but it was still a decent read.

July 31, 2017 | 3:03 PM

I’m curious about Hello Sunshine – it’s such a happy cover! Still trying to decide how much I liked Emma in the Night…

July 31, 2017 | 4:04 PM

Hello, Sunshine was the first book in ages that I could not stop reading. I started it around 10 PM and finished it around 2 AM-ish. I tried putting it down to sleep, but I kept obsessing over it so just got back up to finish reading.

As for Emma in the Night, I think what I liked most was what she had to say about the mother. I found it hit a bit too close to home for me in some regards, so I was fascinated with how she was going to end that part of the story.

3. susan
    August 4, 2017 | 3:28 PM

Glad to hear Hello Sunshine is a great read. I’m going to check it out. I’m reading Handmaid’s Tale at the moment — sort of comparing it to the TV series. cheers.

August 5, 2017 | 12:17 PM

I have loved all of Laura Dave’s novels. I’m not a fan of women’s lit, but she seems to be an exception. Hers are much more hard-hitting than other women’s lit novels, and I always love her characters.

4. […] in the Night (thank you!) and I almost wasn’t motivated to pick it up. Then, Michelle at That’s What She Read said she read it in a day while floating in a pool…so, I decided to give it a […]