Sunday Reflections – 18 June 2017

Sunday Reflections Button

Happy Sunday!

Whew. It has been quite the month. I did not know how we would do it, but here we are on the other side. We made it through dress rehearsal week, three variety shows, one ballet show, finals week, the last day of school, a graduation party, graduation, and freshman orientation. Jim made it through two audits, and I made it through yet another month-end all during that same time. My mother-in-law stayed with us for nine days, and my brother-in-law for five days. And now we rest.

Yes, Connor is a going to be a freshman at Iowa State University. His orientation was amazing. If ever I had any concerns that he was going to the wrong school, the orientation showed me I have nothing to fear. Plus, a proud mama moment occurred when he tested into junior-level Spanish with the highest score his advisor has ever seen. He has his schedule, moves in on August 14th, and will try out for marching band that same day. It is such an exciting time, and we have two months left.

Here are past posts from the few last weeks in case you missed them the first time:

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday and even better week. I’ll see you back here next week!

6 Responses to Sunday Reflections – 18 June 2017
    June 19, 2017 | 3:20 PM

All very happy news! Have a good rest. 🙂

June 22, 2017 | 4:03 PM

Thanks, Amanda! I hope you are getting some much-needed rest and recovery as well!

2. Debi
    June 20, 2017 | 7:09 AM

OMG–isn’t that feeling that Connor is going to the place that’s meant for him just the best feeling? I got that exact same feeling when we went to the orientation for accepted students at Annie’s soon-to-be new school. I just knew it was the place for her, and it was just such a great feeling.

June 22, 2017 | 4:05 PM

It is! I am so happy and excited for him, and it makes sending him off to school so much easier. It is just easier letting go knowing he is going where he wants/needs/should be.

June 20, 2017 | 11:06 AM

SO glad the orientation put you at ease. Orientations, when done right can make a world of difference. He moves in on 8/14 and tries out for band the same day! That is very exciting! I hope he makes it and that he has a great roommate.

Those 9 days with the MIL went fast.

Today is supposed to be 111 degrees. We’ve already had two brush fires. One that has burned away from us but it still only half contained. As soon as it hits 100+ everything goes up in flames. I REALLY hope not because last year’s fire was pretty scary.

June 22, 2017 | 4:09 PM

The orientation was fabulous! I don’t know if that is because it is a smaller school than Wisconsin or just how they do things, but I wish my own orientation was as welcoming and thorough.

Yep. He has tryouts the evening after he moves into the dorm. We are heading up with all of his gear Sunday night, so we will be at the dorms early. Even if we help him get settled in, we should be out of there in plenty of time to get home at a decent hour and for him to prepare. He should have no problem making it because of the instrument he plays, but you never know!

Those days with the MIL did go fast but they were rough. My MIL left thinking I don’t like her because I was never around and got testy when she tried to help me with things. We have no one graduating next year and no dance recitals next year, so if she comes to visit, it should be a much better experience for all of us.

111? Already? That is insane. All that rain you had isn’t going to help with temps like that! I hope you stay fire-free and safe!