It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 19 June 2017

Reading has been slow yet again this week. The drive to Ames, Iowa was not what I expected as it was all on rural highways rather than interstates, through small towns and involving one too many stops and turns. Plus, the car we took forced me to sit in the back seat. There was no reading during the five-hour trip or on the return. The rest of the weekend was spent getting the house back in order finally. Now that we have almost nothing on the schedule, I hope to remedy this situation. Goodness knows I am far behind in review copies.

House of Names by Colm Tóibín Hold Back the Stars by Katie Khan One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus

Spoonbenders by Daryl Gregory

End of Watch by Stephen King

NEXT UP:

The Only Child by Andrew Pyper

8 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 19 June 2017
    June 19, 2017 | 6:57 AM

That cover of Spoonbenders looks so familiar and I can’t figure out why! I definitely have never seen that book title before…but I’ve seen the cover design somewhere else…or at least something very similar.

June 22, 2017 | 4:02 PM

It does look familiar, but I haven’t been able to place it. Did you ever figure it out?

2. Tea Time with Marce
    June 19, 2017 | 12:58 PM

I like the title of One of Us is Lying. No reading on a 5 hour drive, that sucks.

Have a great week.

June 22, 2017 | 4:03 PM

That is such a fun mystery. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, just not on that drive. That drive sucks, and not being able to read just made it worse.

3. Susie | Novel Visits
    June 19, 2017 | 7:49 PM

How was Ine of Us is Lying? They sent me a copy, but I wasn’t very interested because of the YA description.

June 22, 2017 | 4:04 PM

I thought it was very cute. A lot less teen angst than there might have been, which is always welcome. I was thoroughly entertained by it and just enjoyed the story.

4. susan
    June 22, 2017 | 5:24 PM

The cover on the Pyper books makes it look quite good and spooky. Right now I’m reading White Fur …. we will see. Enjoy your week

June 23, 2017 | 1:59 PM

It IS spooky, which I love. I’m at an in-between spot right now where it is either going to turn out to be an awesome book or else it is going to be a complete dud. Hopefully, I will find out later tonight.