It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 8 May 2017

Happy birthday to me!! I had hoped to read a bit more than I did this past week but single parenting is exhausting no matter what age your kids are. I am hoping that with Jim coming back today, I will get a bit more time to read and relax.

Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood Saint Death by Marcus Sedgwick

I may not have finished much, but all three books were phenomenal. If you have not read anything by Marcus Sedgwick yet, you really, really need to do so immediately.

Final Girls by Mira Grant

I don’t know what I want to listen to next. Should it be nonfiction? Should it be fiction? Light? Dark? Drama? Comedy? This is what happens when I have way too many audiobooks in my queue.

UP NEXT:

House of Furies by Madeleine Roux

I appear to be on something of a horror kick in my reading lately. I could probably dissect what this means psychologically. Instead, I am just going to go with it.

13 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 8 May 2017
  1. Care
    May 8, 2017 | 5:18 AM

Birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

I finished Behind Her Eyes; you may want to read it sooner than later since that buzz is building… and didn’t get as far as I hoped with The Hate You Give – I thought I had the ebook ready but alas, nope. It’s my current audiobook. I only have 2-3 abooks in the hopper. THe Sport of Kings is up next, I think. Ready for a chunkster. I started Orlando on ebook and as of now, do not have a print one going. Maybe Blindness.

🎉😎💐🎈

May 9, 2017 | 4:03 PM

Thanks, Care!

Yes, it is definitely one I want to get to this summer. It is supposed to have one humdinger of an ending.

The last few books I have read have forced me to slow down to enjoy them, and I love that. I love novels that take their time and build a story properly. I think it is my inner classics snob coming out again.

May 8, 2017 | 6:53 AM

I’m interested in Since We Fell ever since BOTM had it as a May pick! Glad to hear you liked it…hopefully I’ll get to it at some point.

May 9, 2017 | 4:07 PM

I loved it. I can see how others might find it boring because he really takes his time before getting to the action, but I find that the most impressive part of the story. This is not a thriller that starts out on the first page. It builds slowly and carefully. Once it gets going though, there is no stopping it or you from finishing it. I now understand how it was included as a BOTM selection.

May 8, 2017 | 8:03 AM

Happy Happy Birthday, Michelle!! I hope you get to enjoy your day and spend some time with a good book!!

Since We Fell has been popping up on my feeds a lot lately. Need to check that one out.

May 9, 2017 | 4:23 PM

Thanks, Brandie! It was not the greatest day, but that is what happens when your birthday falls on a Monday I fear.

4. Debi
    May 8, 2017 | 9:41 AM

Happy Birthday, dear lady!!! Hope you have an awesome day, an awesome week, an awesome year!!!

5. SuziQoregon
    May 8, 2017 | 1:43 PM

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!

6. Heather
    May 8, 2017 | 8:55 PM

You ONLY read three books? You’re adorable. I finished one. It took 2 weeks. lol

I know one was incredible (Handmaid’s Tale) and the other two have fantastic covers! I need to look them up!

May 9, 2017 | 4:31 PM

Ha! I know I read more than most people. I wish I could read like Liberty does though. Now that is a speed reader!

I highly recommend all of them. This was my first Dennis Lehane novel so I don’t know if his other novels are like this one, but I was blown away by his writing.

7. […] It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 8 May 2017 […]