It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 15 May 2017

Final Girls by Mira Grant House of Furies by Madeleine Roux

Mira Grant’s latest novella was one I ended up finishing during the day after one too many nights staying up late because it freaked me out a little too much. I love when that happens!

Madeleine Roux’s latest novel and the first in a new series was awesome. I loved Louisa, and the fantasy elements were well-done. I am excited for the rest of the series!

Blackout by Marc Elsberg

Yes, I seem to be drawn to thrillers too. I need something that will occupy my mind these days.

End of Watch by Stephen King

I decided to keep with my theme of horror and go with one that I have been for a rainy day to read. We have had plenty of rain…

NEXT UP:

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

I have been so looking forward to reading this one. I know we can’t fault the girls for just doing what they were told without knowing the risks, but hindsight being what it is, I know this is going to end up being a modern-day horror story!

13 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 15 May 2017
  1. Kay
    May 15, 2017 | 6:46 AM

I’ve seen others talking about RADIUM GIRLS. Not in my usual wheelhouse, but I might try it as a audiobook at some point. And I think that BLACKOUT sounds very scary. Hope you have a good week!

May 15, 2017 | 11:07 AM

The story of the Radium Girls is so tragic. We laugh at old pharmaceutical recipes where they used mercury and cocaine as medicines, but for some reason, the radium girls’ story really makes you pause and wonder what “medicines” and occupational habits do we do today that are really harming us. I am really enjoying Moore’s take on the issue.

May 15, 2017 | 7:08 AM

I’m intrigued by Radium Girls..going to check that out!

May 15, 2017 | 11:10 AM

I think you would really enjoy it!

May 15, 2017 | 9:03 AM

I haven’t picked up a good thriller lately. I love when it is so good it scares the crap out of me. 🙂 I’m glad you’ve had a run of great reads lately!

May 15, 2017 | 11:12 AM

Blackout was a complete miss for me. I knew my run was too good to last!

4. Debi
    May 15, 2017 | 9:16 AM

So tempted to order Final Girls right now since our library doesn’t have it yet. Think it’s worth it? I did really enjoy her Parasitology books. downright loved the first one.

May 15, 2017 | 11:12 AM

I really need to finish out her Parasitology series. I loved the first one too.

5. Anita
    May 15, 2017 | 1:04 PM

I am checking out Radium Girls in audio….maybe… I really think I’d enjoy it in any form.

May 15, 2017 | 2:40 PM

I am really enjoying it in print. I am hoping that there are more pictures in the finished version. My e-galley has a few, and they add a little something to the story to be able to see pictures of the girls when they were healthy and full of life.

6. susan
    May 16, 2017 | 5:30 PM

Yikes did I not know the history of the Radium Girls? Had to look it up and it sounds awful! The handling of radium, oh my god! Seems like an important book.

May 17, 2017 | 10:11 AM

It is in that it shows what the girls went through in their fight for justice. They are true heroes.

7. […] It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 15 May 2017 […]