It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 24 April 2017

I am so tired. Last week was unbelievably busy, and this weekend was a lost cause for reading.

Boo.

The Shadow Land by Elizabeth Kostova

I know that this is not going to be as good as The Historian, but I have a soft spot for Ms. Kostova because she wrote what is one of my all-time favorite books.

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

If ever I needed to re-read this horrifying tale, now is that time.

UP NEXT:

Long Black Veil by Jennifer Finney Boylan

6 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 24 April 2017
    April 24, 2017 | 6:04 AM

I just downloaded The Handmaid’s Tale over the weekend. The book I’m currently reading mentioned it, so I went out to Amazon and found out it was a free Prime book. It sounds like a really difficult read, but one I need to read.

April 24, 2017 | 10:42 AM

It is a wonderful book and a bit to prescient for comfort since it was written in the 1980s. Difficult, yes, but completely worth it.

April 24, 2017 | 6:47 AM

Is this your first time reading Handmaid or a re-read? I read it for the first time about 2 years ago and loved it…kept forgetting it was written so long ago as I was reading.

April 24, 2017 | 10:44 AM

This is a re-read. I felt it was time, and the newly updated audio was enticing.

• Shaina (@shainareads)
        April 24, 2017 | 5:51 PM

I just listened to the original Claire Danes audio and loved it. What was updated for the re-release?

April 24, 2017 | 8:18 PM

Margaret Atwood added an extra chapter, and there is an essay at the end. Plus, there is music between the sections that I don’t remember from the original audio version.