Sunday Reflections – 12 March 2017

Sunday Reflections Button

Happy Sunday!

It may be the first day of Daylight Savings Time, but today was as gloomy as a mid-January day. If I have to lose an hour of sleep, I would much prefer to see the sun. Instead, now I feel even more tired and crabby. Blech.

Things are rolling along here for the entire family. Track has started for Connor and will start in April for Holly. Connor is in the middle of his forensics season and is doing well in it. Holly is finishing up on the set design crew for the middle school musical. She will unfortunately miss the musical itself thanks to dance, but she is having fun using power tools and learning how to make props and scenery.

School is going well for both of them. Connor is definitely in the throes of senioritis. He is so anxious to go to college that living with him has become something of a chore lately, but he is keeping his grades up and still preparing for the AP exams he has in May. Now, if he can only find a job…

Jim and I are staying busy with work. I am about to start work on the props for the ballet. The ballet was always the owner’s pet project, and the one event about which she had full control. It most definitely will not be the same without her behind the mic, but we will be doing the show on her behalf. Of course I want the props to be perfect. Thankfully, most of them are pretty simple this year, so it is just a matter of collecting them all.

Here are past posts from the last week in case you missed them the first time:

Have a great day, everyone! I wish you all a fantastic few weeks. Holly and I will be at dance competitions for the next three weekends, so I will see you back here in April!

8 Responses to Sunday Reflections – 12 March 2017
    March 13, 2017 | 6:55 AM

The stupid weather and daylight savings made me crabby yesterday, too. And now we’re going to be hit with a snow storm tonight.
    Good luck to Holly these next few weekends! I look forward to hearing about them, especially now that I completely understand what it’s like!

March 13, 2017 | 8:55 AM

The snow hit us last night and will continue through today. They didn’t cancel schools or even delay them, even though we have gotten a few inches already. I would be in a much better mood if I were at home right now. No one should have to work when there is over an inch of snow on the ground – so says the grumpy woman who is still tired even after getting eight hours of sleep last night.

March 13, 2017 | 11:11 AM

I admit, I love when DST starts. I finally start sleeping decently again! Hope your body adjusts quickly!

March 14, 2017 | 10:47 AM

I know you do. This is where you and I totally diverge. I won’t feel good again until November.

3. Kailana
    March 14, 2017 | 9:23 AM

I have been so tired this week! And now we have a snowstorm on the way and it was really cold this week. I am just very blah. lol

March 14, 2017 | 10:49 AM

I have been going to bed so early lately. I know some of that is depression, but the rest is all because of that damn Daylight Savings Time. I wish they would just abolish it.

March 14, 2017 | 11:02 AM

The time change is still messing my body up. I just feel sluggish and blah. That could be the title of my next post.

I have two things going on tonight and just a little bit ago, my daughter asked if I could take her to Starbucks to study so I am cancelling one event to take her but that means no time to cook dinner blah blah. No time to eat before I go really. Maybe I can leave here early. I am irked with this place anyway.

So you will be the prop maven this time around. Props are super fun.

March 14, 2017 | 11:20 AM

I know exactly what you mean. I have been crawling into bed around 9 PM for the past few days. I just cannot seem to find any energy.

I also know what you mean about leaving early. With track season having started for Connor but not Holly, she lost her ride home. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, she has to be at the studio at the same time I usually leave work. I have had no problems leaving early, “sacrificing” that time to get her to the dance studio. I also have had no problems walking in the door later than normal.

The previous prop maven is no longer at the studio since her daughter graduated last year. No one else has been doing it. As long as the painting/artwork is minimal or nonexistent, I don’t mind handling the props. It gives me something to do.