It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 13 March 2017

A rare quiet week and weekend meant I could finally eke out some time to read while I could. Goodness knows that reading time will be at a premium for the next month.

The Girl from Rawblood by Catriona Ward Mister Memory by Marcus Sedgwick The Wages of Sin by Kaite Welsh Never Let You Go by Chevy Stevens

Catriona Ward’s debut novel is…interesting. I am going to have to think about the story as a whole before I can make a final judgment on it.

Marcus Sedgwick’s rare adult novel is eerie, contemplative, brutal, and strangely wonderful. It confirms my decision to make his novels a must-read.

Kaite Welsh’s debut novel was a fascinating glimpse into the struggles of those pioneering women in the field of medicine, but it is also a chilling reminder of just how far we have come as women and how some things have not changed at all. It has its weaknesses, but I tore through it in less than a day and loved every minute of it.

Chevy Stevens always writes incredible thrillers. Her latest is not her best but still enjoyable. I guessed only half of the ending so was able to remain pleasantly surprised at the big reveal. Fans are going to love it!

The Wanderers by Meg Howrey

The co-author of the novels penned by Magnus Flyte? Yes, please!!

Shrill by Lindy West

This hasn’t been a high priority lately, but I definitely want to get back to listening this week.

UP NEXT:

Hunted by Meagan Spooner

A retelling of Beauty and the Beast!

10 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 13 March 2017
    March 13, 2017 | 6:51 AM

A retelling of Beauty and the Beast!? Looking that one up. Hope it’s good!
    I’m glad you had so much reading time this weekend!

March 13, 2017 | 8:52 AM

Oh, that reading was mostly during the week! I never get much reading done during the weekend no matter what we have on the calendar.

March 13, 2017 | 6:52 AM

I just learned about The Wanderers and am curious. Will be interested to hear your thoughts once you finish! Has some bigtime comps to live up to (Station Eleven and The Martian).

March 13, 2017 | 8:53 AM

So far, so good. It isn’t quite as funny as The Martian, but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

3. Kay
    March 13, 2017 | 8:38 AM

I’ve been watching for thoughts from others about THE WANDERERS. Saw it and thought it might be good. I’ll also be looking for Chevy Stevens book. Have read at least one of her books and liked it a lot.

March 13, 2017 | 9:03 AM

I am enjoying it so far. I don’t plan to do much in the evenings this week, so I hope it stays engaging. You can never go wrong with any of Chevy Stevens’ books. Even her worst ones are suspenseful and fantastic reads!

4. Kailana
    March 14, 2017 | 9:21 AM

Oh, Hunted catches my eye. Hope it is good!

5. Jenny @ Reading the End
    March 15, 2017 | 8:00 PM

How does Marcus Sedgwick end up with such reliably great book covers? That’s gorgeous!!

March 16, 2017 | 1:29 PM

I don’t know, but they have ALL been impressive. He has another one coming out this summer for which I already have a review copy. The cover of that one is just as great!