Fabulous Friday – 10 February 2017

Fabulous Friday Button

We should always find ways to celebrate the little things in life. What better day to celebrate these little things than the best day of the week? So, here are the things that make this a Fabulous Friday for me this week.

********************

It’s been another LONG week. The news is just…ugh. Work was not much better. But we made it! Here’s to a great weekend, but first…

• Getting stronger – Jim and I finished our onboarding with CrossFit and have now started participating in the same workouts as the rest of the gym. Its intimidating and scary and yet so fulfilling when you see improvements. Like on Wednesday when my ab muscles gave out completely after 40 sit-ups instead of at 30 sit-ups the first time I did them. I’m still weak as a kitten, but every day I hit the box is a good day.

• Getting my feminism on– The Elizabeth Warren silencing this week was horrifying and yet not all that surprising for those of us women who work with men. It did give us a great rallying cry though, didn’t it? I opted for a long-sleeve tee in which to share my pride in persisting and plan to wear it loud and proud. Plus, it ties in nicely for my One Word.

Nevertheless, She Persisted Tee

********************

What makes this a Fabulous Friday for you?

6 Responses to Fabulous Friday – 10 February 2017
  1. Rhapsody in Books
    February 10, 2017 | 4:42 AM

That sure is an impressive number of sit-ups! I wonder if I could even do one!

February 10, 2017 | 6:41 AM

It’s such a good feeling when you are able to do something you didn’t think you could do before. I really need to start weight training. My arms are as weak as a toddlers.

February 10, 2017 | 12:08 PM

The guy that silenced her… name escapes me, what a DB. Sorry.

I got into an argument over reproductive rights with my nephew’s wife who is a twit. Her husband stepped in to silence us and I shut that down quick. Aunt Tina doesn’t play that way.

February 12, 2017 | 3:41 PM

Oh, definitely. They all were. McConnell is even worse. I hope karma bites them where it hurts. All assholes.

My husband keeps telling me he doesn’t want to hear my complaints, arguments, vociferous objections. I keep telling him he needs to care and he needs to hear them. He’s not shutting me up any time soon. No one is.

4. Tif
    February 16, 2017 | 10:32 PM

I really need to get myself one of these shirts, or something like it. I even want to get my daughter one!

February 20, 2017 | 10:51 AM

I have two different feminist shirts now, and I just love wearing them. I find other people’s reactions hilarious, especially because I don’t care what others think. I always feel more powerful and more in control when I wear them too.