It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 16 November 2015

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young

It was a fun reading week. I haven’t read this many awesome books in one week in a very long time.

Dangerous Lies by Becca Fitzpatrick

The Indifferent Stars Above by Daniel James Brown

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google Plus
  • Tumblr
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS
20 Responses to It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – 16 November 2015
    November 16, 2015 | 9:56 AM

Oh I am glad to see those all included as “Awesome” books! I am saving the new Nora for the right occasion. I have to look up Hotel Ruby because that cover is excellent.

I’m reading the Underground Girls of Kabul and am simultaneously depressed and fascinated

November 16, 2015 | 8:44 PM

The new Nora is not her best but still a lot of fun. Like all of her trilogies, she certainly knows how to grasp a reader’s interest and keep them on edge. Hotel Ruby was stunning, somewhat predictable but just an excellent read. If you need something lighter after you finish your current nonfiction selection, I would highly recommend either of those!

November 16, 2015 | 11:23 AM

Quite a week! I’ve been hearing good things about The Illuminae!

November 16, 2015 | 8:44 PM

So, so good! In fact, I will be buying a hard copy of it for my permanent library shortly. It is that good!

November 16, 2015 | 11:52 AM

I’m excited to read Illuminae. It’s getting such great buzz. Did you enjoy These Shallow Graves? I have that one, need to read it! I love having a good reading week like that once in awhile!

November 16, 2015 | 8:45 PM

I loved ALL of them this week. It was a week of late night reading because I didn’t want to stop reading any of them. All of them were so very different but just excellent.

4. Julie
    November 16, 2015 | 2:35 PM

Along the Infinite Sea by Beatriz Williams. I am captivated by it

November 16, 2015 | 8:52 PM

Lucky you! My e-galley expired and archived before I ever got around to downloading a fresh copy of it.

• Julie
        November 17, 2015 | 9:01 PM

Oh you need to get it then. It’s worth the purchase.

November 18, 2015 | 9:11 AM

I’ll see. I might just get it from the library.

5. susan
    November 16, 2015 | 4:23 PM

I hope you are liking Indifferent Stars. Yikes — what a fate.

November 16, 2015 | 8:54 PM

I am loving it. I honestly had no idea what the full story was. I’m in awe.

6. Kathryn
    November 16, 2015 | 5:10 PM

Nice to get a week in of great reading. I liked the new Nora Roberts and I am keen to learn a little more about Illuminae.

November 16, 2015 | 8:55 PM

I loved the new Nora, but that type of trilogy with those types of characters are among my favorite of her stories. It has been a few years since I’ve read anything of hers, so it was great to dive back into her writing.

7. Lindsey
    November 16, 2015 | 7:20 PM

The Indifferent Stars Above is supposed to be really interesting. How it is as an audiobook?

November 16, 2015 | 9:03 PM

It is very interesting. The narrator reminds me of a typical documentary narrator and is a little dry at times, but it fits the tone of the novel. As far a learning is concerned, I am sadly learning more than I ever thought I would. I had no idea some of things that happened to them. It is just an amazing story of human survival.

8. Myra from GatheringBooks
    November 17, 2015 | 4:00 AM

I love the look of Illimunae – I hold a special affinity to illuminated novels. :)

9. Sam Still Reading
    November 18, 2015 | 3:11 AM

Illuminae looks so good! Glad you enjoyed it.

November 18, 2015 | 9:11 AM

It was fantastic. Highly recommend!