In an effort to be a whole lot more organized this year, and because everyone is always posting what delicious food they make, here is what I have been serving my family for the past week. I also envision this being a detailed account of how I fail miserably at meal planning when life gets too busy. But hey, it’s real life. Speaking of real life, I am not and never will be a food blogger. If I ever were to post food pictures for you, I apologize in advance for how awful they are.
- Sunday: Pizza, pizza. This is what happens when Jim leaves for a business trip, and I have been fighting a migraine all day long. There are worse things to serve your children, right?
- Monday: Ah, when the husband is away, no cooking gets done. That is the idiom, right? It should be because goodness knows I did not cook again tonight. Sandwiches FTW!
- Tuesday: Connor’s girlfriend came over for a study date tonight. By the time I got back from taxi duty with Holly, he had already made another pizza and had it ready to go for her arrival. I could get used to this.
- Wednesday: Things are just getting silly. My kids have decided they do not want to wait for me to get home and are just feeding themselves cereal, sandwiches, or leftover pizza. I don’t know whether to be proud they are so self-sufficient or worried that I am somehow lacking in the mothering department these days.
- Thursday: This is embarrassing. Connor wanted to finish his one-year anniversary date with his girlfriend; her car is in the shop, so I ended up driving them to the restaurant of choice, Culver’s. Since I was along for the ride, it became dinner for Holly and me too. I am totally sucking at feeding my kids.
- Friday: Jim surprised us and came home early. So early that we were able to have dinner together. Holly had a make-up dance class tonight, so Jim made some pasta, and we already had some of our favorite chili sauce from Cincinnati in the freezer. It was rainy and chilly outside, so the Skyline 3-way (pasta, chili and cheese) really hit the spot.
- Saturday: These are always the most difficult days for me to plan. I have no idea why that is. As for today, cross-country ended today. There was no dance class. Goodness knows I did not cook at all this past week. Will everyone be in the mood for a home-cooked meal tonight? Will we even be home? This remains to be seen.
What was for dinner at your house this week?