The Sunday Salon – June 30th Edition

Pinterest
Image: The Sunday Salon Logo

For those of you who are just now checking in for the first time this week, yes, things look just a bit different. I am loving WP.org and feel so much better getting away from Blogger. I just do not trust Google, so it is a relief to have everything I’ve ever written and all of the comments out from their crazy clutches. I hope you like the new look!

Things were a bit crazy this week. Jim was back in California, and Connor had marching band practice. Holly had her summer dance class sign-ups this week. Starting the Monday after the Fourth, she will be back at it with three dance classes for the rest of the summer. We had our carpets cleaned on Thursday; a nice man who did a very thorough job but he took six hours and everything I wanted to do on my day off was out the window when he took much longer than expected. Then there is my latest activity – because, you know I don’t have enough to do these days. I signed up to be the treasurer for Holly’s PTA, and I had to meet with the outgoing treasurer on Thursday evening.

The rainy weather has put a damper on outdoor activities. Jim and I were scheduled to go on a motorcycle ride with our neighbors yesterday, but we had to cancel thanks to the weather. We are hoping to be able to do it today and are anxiously looking at forecasts and weather maps to make sure we won’t get caught in anything while we are gone. I’ve done the riding through rain thing before, and it was not fun. I really do not want to do it again.

I didn’t get much reviewed this week because of the transfer but I still managed to review the following:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and an even better week. Happy reading!

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google Plus
  • Tumblr
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS
8 Responses to The Sunday Salon – June 30th Edition
  1. Andi (@estellasrevenge)
    June 30, 2013 | 11:00 AM

And I sooo want to read The Engagements! Still diggin’ the new look. And itching for a new look myself? Mayyyybeee.

June 30, 2013 | 9:27 PM

The Engagements is SO good and right up your alley. I have the name of a very good designer if you ever want to scratch that new look itch! ;)

2. Lisa
    June 30, 2013 | 3:42 PM

How do you get the kids to all of their activities in the summer with you working and Jim gone?! You are a wonder at balancing everything.

June 30, 2013 | 9:26 PM

LOL! Thankfully, all of the kids’ activities are in the evenings. In essence, we really are not getting a break even though the kids are out of school.

3. Bryan G. Robinson
    July 1, 2013 | 2:15 PM

Ooooooh….ahhhhh. I’m really liking this, especially the social media bookmarks at the top. Very, very nice.

July 1, 2013 | 2:20 PM

Thanks, Bryan! I am very happy with the end result.

July 1, 2013 | 3:21 PM

So sorry the weather put a damper on your plans. No pun intended! Our weather has been gruesome! 110 and sometimes even hotter than that. I wilt in weather like that so I stayed inside the entire weekend. It was lovely!

July 1, 2013 | 3:37 PM

That was us last summer, so I am not complaining too much about this wet and chilly summer. It is such a relief to be able to enjoy the outdoors and not get chased inside because of 100+ degree heat. Stay cool and safe!