It’s Monday, May 13th! What Are You Reading?

Pinterest
Image: It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Button

Hosted by Sheila from Book Journey, this is a weekly event to share what we’ve read in the past week and what we hope to read, plus whatever else comes to mind.

Finished Last Week:

Book Cover Image: Frozen in Time by Mitchell Zuckoff Book Cover Image: Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead Book Cover Image: The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes Book Cover Image: The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker Book Cover Image: The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau Book Cover Image: The Illusion of Separateness by Simon Van Booy

Currently Reading:

Book Cover Image: The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls

Currently Listening:

Book Cover Image: Maya's Notebook by Isabel Allende

Up Next:

Book Cover Image: Astor Place Vintage by Stephanie Lehmann Book Cover Image: Instructions for a Heatwave by Maggie O'Farrell

What are you reading?

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google Plus
  • Tumblr
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS
14 Responses to It’s Monday, May 13th! What Are You Reading?
  1. TalesofWhimsy.com
    May 13, 2013 | 12:57 PM

Coool cool.
    PS Hope you had a marvelous mother's day!

2. @BurtonReview
    May 13, 2013 | 2:08 PM

Wow you got a lot of reading in!! Hope this week is just as productive! Here is my bookish memes post, come visit!

3. Steph
    May 13, 2013 | 3:17 PM

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on The Silver Star, especially since Sarah and I have been reading The Glass Castle. I am also curious about Maya's Notebook. Years ago, I was a huge fan of Isabel Allende. Actually, these all look intriguing. I love the title Gameboard of the Gods. :-) Have a great week, Michelle!

4. therelentlessreader
    May 13, 2013 | 5:14 PM

I'm reading Maya's Notebook right now as well. Great minds and all that ;) Have a fantastic week of reading!

5. Turn the Page Reviews
    May 13, 2013 | 5:17 PM

Love your blog- seems like we have similar tastes in books! I am also reading Maya's Notebook now- I had a bit of a hard time getting into it, but now I am really enjoying it!

6. Tea Time with Marce
    May 14, 2013 | 1:43 AM

So many amazing books this week. I didn't realise Jeannette Walls had a new one out, how exciting, I look forward to your review.

7. Vasilly
    May 14, 2013 | 2:18 AM

You read a lot last week?! What did you think of The Shining Girls? Have a good week.

8. Michelle
    May 14, 2013 | 2:24 AM

Thanks, Juju!

9. Michelle
    May 14, 2013 | 2:25 AM

I did! They were all great too, which made it an even better reading week. Have a great one!

10. Michelle
    May 14, 2013 | 2:28 AM

Oh, Gameboard of the Gods was amazing. I'm definitely going to be talking that one up for a while.

The Silver Star is turning out to be fantastic too. Fast and totally engrossing. Maya's Notebook is taking me a bit longer to settle into and enjoy. I'm sure it is just because she is setting up the plot. I hope to make some more headway tomorrow.

Have a good week!

11. Michelle
    May 14, 2013 | 2:28 AM

Thanks! You too!

12. Michelle
    May 14, 2013 | 2:29 AM

I'm glad you mentioned that you had a hard time getting into it. I have been less than impressed so far, but I'm really less than an hour into the audiobook. I hope it picks up when I listen to it tomorrow!

13. Michelle
    May 14, 2013 | 2:29 AM

Yep! I think it is being released in mid-June. So far, I am thoroughly enjoying it too.

Have a great week!

14. Michelle
    May 14, 2013 | 2:30 AM

I did! Of course, two of them were audiobooks. I thought The Shining Girls was so interesting. It took a while to adjust to the time shifts, but I loved it.