With the first quarter of 2012 ending today, I thought it was time to check up to see how I am faring this year, since this is my first year of truly tracking details of this sort rather than just the number of books read.
To date, I have read 44 books. This is a slightly slower pace than last year, but with a week of vacation pending, I suspect I can improve upon it. I would really like to hit 200 books read in one year but if I don't make it, it is no big deal.
Here are some other stats for those who are interested in those things:
- Total pages read: 11,865
- Total audio time: 5.30 days
- 30 percent of the books read were written by males.
- 18 percent have been audiobooks.
- Surprisingly, only 22 percent have been YA to date.
- 73 percent of the books have been by new-to-me authors.
- The average amount of time the books read have been on my TBR pile is 219 days.
- 34 percent of the books read have been from publishers.
- The average age of the books read is over 8 years.
These stats do surprise me quite a bit. I am glad to see the percentage of review books decline from last year. I knew I had a lot of books that had been sitting on my shelves for longer than they should. I am really shocked at how little YA I have read so far. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues.
As far as challenges, these are always something I like to finish as soon as possible, but they are not something I consciously have in mind when I select books to read. I am glad to see that I am halfway to completion on all of these so far.
How are you doing so far this year?