Armchair BEA 2011 – Welcome, Armchair BEA Participants!

Pinterest
Image: Armchair BEA Button

Welcome to That’s What She Read! I’m Michelle, one of the founders and organizers of Armchair BEA. The next week is going to be extremely busy but we hope that it will also be extremely fun, as we attempt to bring BEA directly to you…without the added travel expenses and tired feet and shoulders.

Since today is all about introducing ourselves, my fellow organizers and I have done just that on Armchair BEA Central. In case you want some greater details, I will be participating from Cincinnati, Ohio, although I am really in Middletown – halfway between Cincinnati and Dayton (get it?). I have several favorite armchairs but do not often get a chance to sit in them thanks to two very active kids. Most of the time, I write posts in advance during my lunch breaks at work and format them and schedule them quickly in the evenings between practices, evening chores and bedtime. I’ve been blogging for over two years now, so I have it down to a science!

For those who are long-time visitors, you will already know that I do not specialize in any one genre but pride myself on the fact that I read everything and anything – classics, biographies, science fiction, paranormal, romance, suspense, YA, mysteries, literary fiction, self-help books, memoirs, business, science nonfiction, and anything else that strikes my fancy. My philosophy is that life is too short to limit my options to one genre when there are so many fascinating subjects out there begging to be explored. In any given week, you will see me review books that cross all genres, although I will admit that I do have a special affinity for anything vampiric. I do try not to indulge myself too often.

This week, I will be flitting between both this site and Armchair BEA Central, attending the Twitter party and various panels. I hope you all stop by and let me know how you are enjoying the week!

Bookmark and Share

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Google Plus
  • Tumblr
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS
30 Responses to Armchair BEA 2011 – Welcome, Armchair BEA Participants!
  1. Chrisbookarama
    May 23, 2011 | 12:23 PM

Yay for eclectic book bloggers! I've really enjoyed working with you and the gang on Armchair BEA. Hope you have a great week!
    My recent post Welcome to my Chair!

2. Care
    May 23, 2011 | 1:31 PM

I think the twitter parties are going to be fun! Have a fun week.

3. Tina
    May 23, 2011 | 3:33 PM

I love your blog name. It reminds me a certain favorite song. :) Thanks so much for organizing Armchair BEA. :)
    My recent post Armchair BEA 2011- Hello World!

4. SIDNE
    May 23, 2011 | 5:28 PM

cant wait to participate in the twitter parties. new to twitter and first time participate of BEA.

5. SIDNE
    May 23, 2011 | 5:29 PM

here is my site
    My recent post Welcome Armchair BEA – Whoop- Whoop!!!

6. missgoodonpaper
    May 23, 2011 | 7:05 PM

Nice to meet you! I also love and support the idea of reading everything. It helps to make me a more well rounded person and writer.

-Miss GOP

7. Lena
    May 23, 2011 | 7:18 PM

Like your blog. It's really cute. I however, only blog fiction. I don't have time to incorporate non-fiction with fiction and a large family. But I am in awe of the bloggers that do. Great stuff. :-) Nice to have a new blog to follow as well. Hope to stay connected.
    My recent post May 21 The Rapture- The World is Ending- So Heres What You Need to Read

8. Kristi C.
    May 23, 2011 | 11:12 PM

Definite yay for broad horizons on book blogging. If you love to read it, why wouldn't you love to share it, no matter the genre? Thanks to you and the rest of the team for getting Armchair BEA rolling this year!

9. Deb
    May 24, 2011 | 12:06 AM

Really looking forward to following your blog and your reading. It's always good to keep the horizons broad and blogs such as yours help me do that…and then I can pass that along to my patrons. I fall pretty heavily on the lit for children and teens side, so appreciate what you're doing here…and for ArmChair BEA! Cheers and enjoy the week!

10. toothy
    May 24, 2011 | 2:05 AM

thanks for organizing this whole armchair bea thing! it's my first year to participate in it, but i'm excited to be a part of it.

11. Ashley
    May 24, 2011 | 3:40 AM

Wow, that's pretty amazing that you read so many different genres. I read a lot of fiction genres within YA, but not much outside of YA. I definitely don't care for non-fiction that much, except for a few historical accounts here and there.
    My recent post Swag winners! Poll Results

12. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:44 AM

Thanks, Christina! Working with you on all of our projects has been a blast. I am so glad you could help out this year!

13. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:44 AM

The Twitter parties are going to be crazy! I'm really looking forward to the panels though. It will be my first time participating in any sort of interview/panel on the Interwebz@
    My recent post Let ArmchairBEA Begin!

14. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:47 AM

Thanks, Tina! You are very welcome. Creating Armchair BEA and planning it this year has been an absolute joy. I hope you have fun!

15. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:49 AM

Hear, hear for GWTW fans! I have a huge movie poster of it taking up one entire cubicle wall at work. Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoy Armchair BEA this week!

16. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:49 AM

Have fun! Twitter parties can be overwhelming but fast and fun! Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the events this week!

17. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:50 AM

Exactly! Life is too short to limit yourself, is it not? Thanks for visiting!

18. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:51 AM

Hi Lena! I can't read non-fiction all the time, mostly because it takes too long to finish, but I do enjoy learning anything I can, even if it means taking the time to do so once in a while. Thanks for visiting and following!

19. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:52 AM

You are very welcome! I share everything – probably to the chagrin of my husband, but it's my blog and I can do what I want, right? ;) Have a great week!

20. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:54 AM

Thanks, Deb! I like to keep abreast of YA because a) it's so darn good these days and b) I have a son who is rapidly approaching the target audience and want to be able to discuss books with him as well as steer him towards books he will like. Yet, I do enjoy novels that make me think or fulfill my need for a good thriller. I love everything!!

21. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:54 AM

You are very welcome! I know you will have a blast. We have some great things planned for later in the week!

22. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:55 AM

I love everything. It makes saying no to review copies rather difficult because I am such a sucker for a good synopsis. LOL!

23. Michelle
    May 24, 2011 | 3:56 AM

Exactly! I recently read a self-help book that wants to do away with the "b!tch" in life. I say we all need to channel our inner Scarlett's a bit more often!

24. Kristen M.
    May 24, 2011 | 4:36 AM

Thanks for stopping by my site. It's already been so much fun and we're only a day in! Thanks for putting this together.

25. Allison
    May 24, 2011 | 5:50 AM

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog during what must be an incredibly busy week for you! I'm glad to find your blog via Armchair BEA, and look forward to following along with your reviews. I think it's cool that you read such a wide variety of books. I tend to stay in YA for professional purposes, so I appreciate reading blogger reviews of books for adults, so I can give somewhat intelligent recommendations when grown-ups ask. ;)

26. Michelle
    May 25, 2011 | 2:24 AM

Thanks for visiting, Amy! Fighting bronchitis cannot be fun. I hope you feel better soon!

27. Michelle
    May 25, 2011 | 2:24 AM

You are very welcome! The interviews are a lot of fun too.

28. Michelle
    May 25, 2011 | 2:25 AM

You're welcome!

29. Michelle
    May 25, 2011 | 2:26 AM

Thanks for visiting, Allison! I just cannot stick with one genre for long or else I find ennui setting in. Although if I had to limit myself to just one, I would say that YA would probably be among my top three favorites. There is such great literature out there for teens these days!

30. Michelle
    May 27, 2011 | 3:23 AM

You are very welcome, Laurie! It still amazes me how Armchair BEA has taken on a life of its own. I know I do not miss being there because this week is so much fun! Thank you very much for following!