Caribousmom started this particular reading challenge last August to run through July 31, 2010. It was the very first challenge to which I ever committed. The idea was to put some spontaneity into our reading by randomly choosing the next book to read, either through Random.org or through some other method. I used Random.org to select on about half, and then I started involving my children by making them go up and select a book for me. They were excited to see me read a book they chose, and I was happy that I did not have to select one out of the hundreds I have to read. It was a win-win situation for everyone!
Looking at the list of books I read for this challenge, I am quite pleased at how well the random selection process worked for me. This list includes some of what I now consider my all-time favorite reads, and others I just really enjoyed for their creativity or entertainment. Honestly, there is not one on this list I did not enjoy. To me, that is the best possible outcome for any reading challenge!
- Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Soul Catcher by Leigh Bridger
- One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- Public Secrets by Nora Roberts
- Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
- Marked by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Keeper by Kathi Appelt
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
We are halfway through the year, and I still have three more challenges left to complete. Will I make it? How are you doing on your challenges this year?